Good morning all!

It is Tuesday morning, and after a week of traveling, I am finally home, cuddled up with my fur babies.

The saturday after our Thomas Rhett concert, I had to pick Josh up from work at 7 am so we could drive out to Portland to catch our flight out to Columbus, Ohio. Our fight was leaving at 2 so it was a bit of a rush for us (Portland is a 5 hour drive from where we live btw), but with my driving, we got there just before 12, parked the car on a military base and then Ubered our way to the airport.

The purpose of the trip was to go see Oma (Josh’s grandma) since Opa had just passed away, but we ended up making a fun trip out of it.

A 5 hour drive and two flights later we finally made it to Columbus where Sylvia, my sister-in-law, picked us up. We got to Oma’s house and off to bed we went. We got up early Sunday morning and went to Mass with Oma, then stopped at the grocery store to pick up a few things for our little Thanksgiving dinner.

When we got home I was itching to get some physical activity in so Sylvia and I went to the local high school and went for a quick run and did a little work out with the bleachers. After our little workout I felt so much better and so refreshed! It was really chilly outside too so it helped to wake us up and prepare us for the cooking to come!

Dinner turned out really good! Josh made the turkey, I made the stuffing and the pumpkin cheese cake (will post the recipe below for you!) but we also had potato salad and a few other things. Everything turned out delicious!

The next morning, Sylvia and I got up again and went for a run and did an ab work out at a local park, when we got home, Sylvia was on the go again taking Oma to her dentist appointment before the three of us went to the spa for our massages. This was my very first ever massage and, well, let’s just say I’m a little addicted now! I felt so relaxed and even now, a week later, I feel pretty good! We finished off the day with a family dinner at Oma’s favorite restaurant, Olive Garden.

Tuesday morning Sylvia left to go back home to Virginia and I got up and went to the gym with Brandy, Josh and Sylvia’s cousin. I’m fairly certain we killed each other equally during this work out. My legs were on fire the next two days. But after our said gym workout, the three of us, (Josh, Brandy and I) went to the Columbus Zoo. On our way there, Brandy mentioned feeding the giraffes, and I could not contain my excitement at that point. We got to the zoo, grabbed something to snack on and then went in search of the giraffes. We got there with about 15 minutes to spare before feeding time. So we talked to the zoo keepers and learned some interesting facts about giraffes. We fed them and then went in search of the polar bears and the elephants.IMG_2286

For those who don’t know me, elephants are one of my favorite animals. I absolutely love them! I just think they are amazing creatures and one of the reasons I’m so excited to go to Thailand in February is to go play with the elephants. It’ll be a dream come true for sure!

Wednesday was a lazy day, we got up and went to the gym again, and then Josh, Brandy, and Josh’s brother Joseph and I went to Top Golf and played a couple of games. I am not a golfer by any means, and aside from Put Put, I have never really played golf or been to a driving range, but I am also extremely competitive so I enjoyed myself! You basically hit the balls into the targets and the further away you hit it and closer you get to the center the more point you get. It was an interesting experience to say the least!

Thursday morning Joseph dropped us off at the airport and we headed home. Finally arriving in coos bay at about 930. It was so nice to be home, but I knew I only had a short amount of time here before heading out to my next adventure.


The Traveling Entree




  • 2 cups of finely crushed graham crackers
  • 5 T sugar
  • ½ cup of melted butter



  • 3 8oz packages of cream cheese, softened
  • 1-1/2 cups of sugar
  • 4 eggs – separated
  • 1 t vanilla
  • 1t cornstarch (this helps prevent it from cracking)
  • Small can of Libby’s Pumpkin pure


Preheat the oven to 350

Crust –

  • Combine all ingredients and press against bottom and sides of a single use pie pan (or a 9’ springform pan if you have one)

Filling –

  • in a bowl (mixer preferred) cream together the cream cheese, sugar, 4 yolks, cornstarch, and vanilla until smooth.
  • In a separate bowl, beat the 4 egg whites until stiff and creamy. Once done, gently mix in with the cream cheese mixture and then pour into the crust
  • Scoop spoonfuls of the pumpkin puree into the rest of the filling.
  • Take a toothpick (or knife) and swirl the pumpkin to create a marble effect in the cheesecake.
  • Bake in the oven for 35 minutes so it’s just a little jiggly in the middle. Turn the oven off and leave the cheesecake in the over.
  • Once the oven has cooled a little while, take the cheesecake out and place somewhere warm. (if you cool it too quickly it cracks so I let it sit in the oven for at least an hour before removing it)
  • Once the cheesecake is room temperature you can freeze it and remove from the freezer a few hours before serving!



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s